Episode 53: When Failure Opens New Doors with Jasmine StarNov 13, 2021
In this episode, Sharon is joined by business strategist, Jasmine Star, to discuss how we can succeed even if we feel unqualified. Sharon and Jasmine share ways to achieve your dreams and accomplish your goals - and it has nothing to do with being the smartest, richest or most qualified in the room. Jasmine explains that sometimes the key to success is failure, and that always being the smartest in the room isn’t very wise. Join Sharon and Jasmine as they encourage you to let go of fear and step into success.
Links to Full Episode:
This Episode Will Teach You:
- Why consistency is the key to success
- How Jasmine changed her perspective on herself and her life
- Why striving for perfection is procrastination
- How to take a risk
- Why people are actually afraid of failure
- Navigating social media as a public figure
- Why it’s okay to be unqualified
3 Biggest Takeaways:
- Jasmine and Sharon begin the show by talking about why you don’t have to be the smartest or richest to still accomplish your goals. Jasmine offers listeners advice on practicing consistency. Consistency is the key to success, and Jasmine believes that when you relentlessly practice and put your dreams into action, amazing things will happen. By putting in the extra work, you are able to create muscle memory and neural pathways that wire your brain to successfully achieve your dreams.
- Next, Jasmine shares how she was able to change her perspective so that she viewed herself and her circumstances differently. Many times in life, we focus on the things we do not have, but we don’t do anything about it. Jasmine advises listeners to find ways to fill your half-empty cup. As well, Sharon and Jasmine discuss how perfectionism is procrastination, and sometimes taking a leap of faith and learning from failure is the best way to make progress.
- Lastly, Jasmine discusses how to navigate social media as a public figure. She recommends thinking through ways to respond to comments that express a different opinion from your own. As well, Sharon and Jasmine encourage listeners to pursue their dreams even if they feel unqualified. Being the best in a room does not lead to new opportunities. It is important to find spaces where we can learn and be challenged.
About the Guest:
Jasmine Star is a business strategist and photographer who empowers entrepreneurs to build a brand, market it on social media, and create a life they love.
Stay in the loop!
Don't get caught off guard by the latest current events. I'll guide you to know the facts, understand what's relevant, and be informed.